Rice Pilaf Preparation
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium oven-safe saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
3. add onion and cook, stirring, until soft (about 3-4 minutes)
4. Add rice and cook stirring until opaque and nutty in aroma (about 2 minutes)
5. Add scallions, thyme, chicken stock, salt and bring to a boil.
6. Cover pan with a tight fitting lid. Using oven mitts transfer to oven and bake until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (25-30 minutes)
7. remove pan from oven and let sit undisturbed for 5- 10 minutes.
8. Fluff rice with a fork and serve immediately
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Rice Pilaf Reviews
I wasn't a fan. Wasn't as flavorful as I would have hoped and a tad too salty.
2 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 43 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
4 years, 4 weeks, 1 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes ago