Breadmaker Fruit Tea Loaf
Moist fragrant tea bread, a variety of combinations can be used to suit your taste. Low fat, also good for diabetics as most of the sugar is from natural sources. Delicious with a cup of tea, and divine toasted. These ingredients give a dark malty texture to the tea bread, if you prefer a lighter coloured, moist loaf, use 3/4 packet of moist ready to eat apricots, chopped, and make up to 1lb weight with mixed dried fruit. If you like a nutty taste and texture, use a packet of brazil nuts, chopped and make up to 1 lb in weight with mixed dried fruit."The recipe was perfect, the loaf turned out fantastic.
Only thing I would add this next time tonight is extra yeast, I always use 22 grams of yest for my bread and makes it less dense and raises higher, but the recipe given is fantastic, thankyou again now for banana bread
Great site thankyou.
Hannah M Smith" - moggy_11
Yield: 20 Ready in 3 hours
favorite of 23 people 24 people want to try
Breadmaker Fruit Tea Loaf Preparation
1. Put the yeast, flour, salt, spice and sugar into the bread pan, in that order.
2. Put the orange and lemon juice and rind into a measuring jug.
3. Add the hot tea to the measuring jug, making up to 250 ml of liquid, then add the low fat spread and stir until beginning to melt. Add the liquid to the bread pan.
4. Add the beaten egg to the bread pan - do not stir.
5. Put the pan into the breadmaker and set to basic 1lb loaf, light crust.
6. When the machine beeps to prompt you, add the dried fruit / nuts mix that you have chosen.
7. Sit back and let the machine do the work!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Breadmaker Fruit Tea Loaf Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: