Fish Pie (Louby)
A lovely one pot dish, I make four at a time which will serve two people or one hungry one. I personally cant stand mash potato so i make it for my boyfriend - who always finishes the whole bowl!
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours, 30 minutes
14 people trying soon
Fish Pie (Louby) Preparation
Lots of parts make up this fabulous dish, heat the oven to 180 degrees.
Hard boil the four eggs. I put them in a small saucepan, cover in warm water and boil for 15 minutes. Once boiled de-shell and then slice as thin as you can.
Haddock & Cod
Place in a saucepan and cover with Milk, you can add a bay leaf if you wish. Cook for 10 minutes in the milk. Remove and place to one side to cool
Place on a large piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and add the dill. Wrap up the salmon leaving a small hole for the steam to escape and then pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so. Place to one side to cool.
Chop up the parsley, I use my onion chopper which works fabulously. A knife works just as well, but you need the parsley very fine.
Add a pint of milk to a large saucepan and warm slowly, add the parsley and add sauce flour until the sauce is consistency of a heavy cream.
(I sometimes buy the sauce and then you can use one with white wine in which is beautiful, im working on a better recipe for the sauce once I have one I shall publish it!)
The Mash (I absolutely hate mash, I do sometimes simply cheat and buy a good quality pre-prepared one, but sometimes I make my own)
Pop the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with cold water, I add a bit of salt and pepper at this point. Boil until they are just soft.
Drain the potatoes and quickly pop them back on the pan, you want to retain as much heat as possible and don’t rinse them.
Mash them up with a standard masher, you need to be tough when you mash them. add cream and butter until “gloopy” leave to one side.
Boil for about 3 minutes, you just want to take the edge of them.
1. Flake the pieces of fish into chunks and spread evenly amongst the bowls.
2. Spread the prawns, muscles and peas evenly into the bowls
3. Pour over the sauce to cover all the beautiful fish
4. Place an egg carefully on top of each sauce/fish mix
5. now place the mash on top to cover each lovely pie, you could use pastry if like me you hate mash potato! i would also suggest a pipng bag to make it pretty.
6. Bake in the oven until the mash potato is golden brown. I would suggest roughly 25 minutes in an oven of 180 degrees.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?