Nautico's Corn-and-crab Chowder
A delicious and hardy cream soup.
"I am a pescatarian, so made some changes in the recipe. I substituted organic vegetable stock for the chicken stock and used fat-free half-and-half. I also sauteed the onions and leeks in PAM, not oil, and omitted the bacon of course. It was wonderful, and a healthy healthy alternative for those of us wanting to loose weight (or at least not gain any back). The fresh herbs, which I was a little more generous with, make this recipe work. "- JPaigeBuchanan
178 people want to try | 297 have favorited
Nautico's Corn-and-crab Chowder Preparation
1) Cut up the bacon in half-inch bits and cook on the stove in crock pot. Microwave the potatoes for 5 mins to soften them up a bit.
2) When bacon done, add the onion and leeks, and cook for 10 minutes.
3) In a separate pot, heat the broth and half-and-half.
4) When onions and leeks finish cooking, add the heated broth, half-and-half, and all other ingredients except the crab meat to the crock pot.
5) Move the crock pot to its electric base and cook on high for 2 hours, then puree the soup with a hand-held electric mixer for a couple of minutes, add the crab meat (two 3-oz containers) to the mix, set crock pot on low and cook for another hour.
The bacon is the key flavor ingredient!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Nautico's Corn-and-crab Chowder Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven