R/T's 10th Anniv. Chili
This is a traditional chili recipe I came up with for our club's 10th Anniversary back in May of 2008. It was a big hit for being very flavorful and complex with just enough burn to be interesting but very edible.
Yield: 30 Ready in 1 hours, 20 minutes
0 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|4 lbsGround Beef|
|4 lbsBulk Italian Sausage; hot|
|2 tbspBacon; cooked & finely chopped|
|4 cansdiced tomatoes with juice|
|2 canstomato puree'|
|2 cantomato paste|
|8 cubesbeef bouillon; (or Beef Stock Paste)|
|2 Vidalia Onion; chopped|
|6 stalksCelery; chopped|
|2 Bell pepper; green, seeded and chopped|
|2 Bell pepper; red, seeded and chopped|
|2 Bell pepper; orange, seeded and chopped|
|4 Chili peppers; dried mixed types, chopped|
|2 tbspWorcestershire sauce|
|1 tspHabanero pepper sauce; (e.g. 100% Pain Sauce)|
|0.5 cChili powder|
|2 tbspGarlic; minced|
|2 tbspOregano; dried|
|4 tspCumin; ground|
|2 tspBasil; dried|
|2 tspBlack Pepper; fresh ground|
|2 tspCayenne Pepper|
|1 Oyster crackers; Tortilla chips; cheddar cheese|
R/T's 10th Anniv. Chili Preparation
1. Brown ground beef and sausage in large skillet. Due to the size on the recipe you may need to cook a little at a time. Save 1/2C of drippings.
2. Crumble the ground beef and sausage into stock pot.
3. Cook bell peppers and onion in remaining 1/2C of saved drippings until softened.
4. Add all remaining ingredients to stock pot.
5. Simmer for 1 hour minimum, stirring as to not burn bottom.
6. Transfer to slow cooker on warm for serving.
7. Serve with: Oyster crackers, Tortilla chips, Cheddar cheese on side.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for R/T's 10th Anniv. Chili. Be the first to review it!