R/T's Jack Daniels Orange Meatballs
This is a variant of a recipe someone gave me a long time ago. It's been completely re-vamped and the base flavor changes completely.
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours
11 people trying soon
|1.5 lbLean ground beef|
|1 cupWhite Bread or Sourdough Bread Center|
|0.25 cupMinced Onion; (Fresh or Re-hydrated)|
|0.25 cupGrated Romano Cheese|
|2 tbsGranulated Garlic|
|1 tbsCoarse Ground Black Pepper|
|Orange JD Sauce:|
|18 ozOrange Marmalade|
|0.5 cupSpicy Coarse Ground Brown Mustard|
|0.5 cupJack-Daniels Whiskey|
|0.25 cupBrown Sugar|
|0.5 tspCrushed Red Pepper Flakes|
|0.25 tspOnion Powder|
|0.25 tspCayenne Pepper|
|0.25 tspDa-Bomb or 100% Pain Hot Sauce|
|1 largeOrange; (1/2 zest available)|
R/T's Jack Daniels Orange Meatballs Preparation
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
2. Pre-heat Olive oil in fry-pan.
3. Chill meatball mixture for 15 min in freezer.
4. Roll meatballs into 1" balls. (wet hands, cold meat)
5. Brown meatballs leaving interior pink (not quite cooked through).
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan and simmer.
1. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Simmer till the meatballs are cooked inside and sauce thickens (at least 1/2 hour.)
3. Transfer to slow cooker on warm for serving.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?