Ready in 45 minutes
This recipe is from Todd Wilbur and Top Secret Recipes
"OK - I just made this for my hubby and I for Superbowl lunch pre-game. We both loved it! I would definitely make it again. Tasted just like PF Changs. I am adding to my favorites! I did fillet the chicken breasts in half before I cooked them, which made it easier to dice into smaller pieces, which worked very well.
Sounds like I should make this for Superbowl Sunday! I love them at PF Changs!"
3,861 people want to try | 5,120 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "P. F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps"
1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4. Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
5. Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
6. Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
7. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
8. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
9. Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
10. As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
11. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
12. When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
13. With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
14. Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
15. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
16. Top with"Special Sauce".
| 25 min | 10 min prep |
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
debrole 2 days 16 hours agoVery good! I used water with stevia. about 3 packages. Time consuming, but flavor was worth the wait!
widen 1 week agoAwesome! I added more mushrooms than the recipe called for.
KendraCooks 1 month agoAw! It didn't turn out good at all, I think the hot mustard was a no go is all to be honest. The recipe I have isn't great either so I've been looking, will have to keep trying!
JScottT 1 month agoI cut the sugar a bit, used a can of black beans and half of the chicken, and cooked the sauce into the recipe -- very tasty.
Hntrjmpr87 1 month agoThis is a great find! I use ground beef or turkey, the consistency is more like P.F. Changs. My husband has even said I can make just the meat and he would've happy. Might have to grate creative and see how I can use the meat in different ways.
TEKA21 2 months agoTook longer than I wanted to prep everything but was a hit with the kids!
Sharonshouse 6 months agoYummy!!!!!!!!
Steve-VA 7 months agoExcellent
dale219 9 months agoReally good !
tep4jc 10 months agoMy family loved it! Hint - do the cutting/prep work ahead of time, otherwise it will take a while to prepare. It was worth the wait!
crystalcollins1 1 year agoFantastic. Could've used some little rice noodles for crunch though.
KisstheCook17 1 year agoChicken was delicious, but the sauce wasn't really a sauce...too runny.
CherieBonine 1 year agoI was disappointed with this dish. The sauce was incredibly running and bland. I was able to save it by adding cornstarch, soy sauce and garlic. I'll make this again with my modifications.
Sharonshouse 1 year agoTasty! But I agree the sauce is a little too sweet.
Amyjillcass 1 year agoMy son would eat this every night. Loved it!
jessicaaldrich 1 year agoYumm
jnilesattitude4u 1 year ago
mushroomlover 1 year agoThis is great, but I used ground chicken and it was a hit!
Bigfunone15 1 year agoVery tasty. We used half the sugar for the special sauce and lite soy sauce. This recipe is a keeper!
Tweephunk 1 year agoVery good and restaurant like-- would include rice on the side to eat with the mixture as well as lettuce as a wrap. Provides options.