Ready in 55 minutes
"This was very easy! Mr. Picky even liked it. Making again on Saturday. I cheated and used my favorite jar sauce. Only thing I'll change is season the chicken after pounding it out! Most importantly this was tender, crisp, and moist! This is going into my 'Weekly Menu' rotation!
1. For sauce cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Simmer 10min. Stir in basil
2. Use flat side of meat mallet to flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thick
3. Stir together bread crumbs, 3tbs parmesan cheese, and the oregano. In a second dish stir together the egg and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture; then crumb mixture
4. Use large skillet and cook chick over hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side
5. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaing parmesan. Let cheese melt before serving
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
soly9800 2 weeks agoI baked the recipe. 375 for 35 min. I did not flatten the chicken. I did add seasoning to the flour. Turned out fantastic. Teenagers really enjoyed.
Buffy1313 2 weeks agoThis was very easy! Mr. Picky even liked it. Making again on Saturday. I cheated and used my favorite jar sauce. Only thing I'll change is season the chicken after pounding it out! Most importantly this was tender, crisp, and moist! This is going into my 'Weekly Menu' rotation!
Sweetlynnz 2 weeks agoBest ever parm.
Reason2011 2 months agoIt was my first time making chicken Parmesan and it turn out ok. I wasn't a huge fan of the tomato sauce.
juliska1 5 months agoGreat recipe! I cooked the garlic with the onions. Just make sure to flatten your chicken, it will be perfectly cooked. Excellent! Thank you for the recipe!
dmcmil4911 5 months agoGood but chicken took a lot longer to cook
brianstacia 7 months ago
SnickersMom1212 1 year ago
Sweetlynnz 1 year agoBest chicken parm ever, it is very good worth making.
Charstar 2 years agoThe measurement for the basil has to be off, 1/4 cup? And it says you use garlic then never tells you when to use it. The meal itself wasn't that great. I wouldn't recommend it.
CCheryl 2 years agoyum deserves a medal
Puttin38 2 years agoThis recipe is quick'easy and delicious ......
genius101 2 years agomaking it tonight wish me luck ps. im only 13:)
Puttin38 2 years agoTotally awesome full of flavor I sliced up the left over chicken and refried it in peanut oil and used a peach sauce to drench it it was totally awesome thanks
CCheryl 3 years agoexcellent, it deserved a photo, CCheryl
mnbrooks1 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]