Ready in 4 hours
A taste alternative to boring roast chicken, just add some dried fruit to cook in the chicken juices and get a delicous sweet side to your chicken.
Top-ranked recipe named "Roast Chicken with Dried Fruit"
1. Preheat oven to 210 Degrees celcius.
2. Put chicken in roasting tray, drizzle with oil and cook for a total of 1.5 hours.
3. In the meantime peel potatoes then wrap in a bacon strips.
Tips: Use pre-soaked in water toothpicks to hold bacon in place.
4. After chicken has cooked for about half an hour, place onions around the outside of baking tray and coat with pan juice. Also add potatoes and 2 tablespoons of water. You may add more water if you desire, but don't make too watery or the chicken and potatoes won't crisp up.
Cook for an additional 30mins.
5. Rinse fruit, place around chicken and roast in pan juices. Reduce heat to 150 degrees celcuis.
6. Season chicken with salt and pepper & parsley then cook for an additional 15-30 minutes depending on how well you want the chicken cooked and fruit caramelised in the pan juices.
7. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before carving to serve.