6 people want to try | 21 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Trim brown fat from each slice of smoked salmon. Square off long edge of each piece.
2. Process butter in food processor until pale and thick, add rind, anchovies, season to taste and process to combine.
3. Grease the inside of a 1 litre capacity terrine mould with oil, line with plastic wrap, with at least 6cm overhang on all sides. Cut a piece of foam to fit inside the terrine mould. Cover it with aluminum foil and set aside.
4. Cover the base of the terrine with one layer of smoked salmon. Using a crank spatula and a straight edged wooden spoon spread a thin even layer of butter. Continue the layers, alternating salmon and butter mixture until you have reached just over half way of the mould. Cover the terrine with plastic wrap and gently press down, place the foil-covered foam into the terrine and weight down with a few food cans. Freeze for 30 minutes, transfer to the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
5. To make the avocado cream, blend together avocado, lemon juice and oil using a stick blender, until smooth.
6. To make the hazelnut salad, Place hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast until browned. Transfer to a clean towel and rub to remove skins. Heat 15ml olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add hazelnuts, cook until golden. Place remaining olive oil, hazelnut oil, honey, mustard and vinegar in a bowl, whisk to combine. Add the hazelnuts to the vinaigrette mixture. Toss salad leaves through the dressing to lightly coat.
7. Heat grill pan over high heat, drizzle bread with olive oil and cook on each side until golden.
8. To serve, invert terrine mould onto a chopping board and slice. Serve with a spoon of avocado mousse, hazelnut salad and grilled bread.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Satk2310 3 years agoOk Oooooooooooooooooooooooo Oooooooooooooooooooooooo
keepsmilyn 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]