Garides Tourkolimano (Greek Shrimp)
Garides tourkolimano are prawns cooked in a tomato, garlic, herb and wine sauce that is finished off with feta cheese. I could not let any of that sauce go to waste so I served the garides tourkolimano with some crusty bread to soak up all of the extra. Of course, I enjoyed the garides tourkolimano with a glass of the Greek white wine that I used in the sauce."The picture for this recipe made my mouth water and I had to make it. It was delish but my only complaint would be that there wasn't that much liquid to dip bread in. However it was just as good to scoop up the tomato and the little bit of sauce that was there with some crusty bread. I think personal perference wise people might want to play with the herbs but it is also good as is. Very easy recipe to follow." - punkie569
Yield: 4 Ready in 15 minutes
favorite of 660 people 481 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1 poundshrimp; peeled and deveined|
|4 clovesgarlic; chopped|
|1 largetomato; diced|
|4 green onions; sliced|
|1/2 cupDry white wine|
|1 splashhot sauce|
|1/4 cupfresh mint; chopped|
|1/4 cupfresh basil; chopped|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
|1 cupfeta; coarsely crumbled|
|1 handfulparsley; chopped|
Garides Tourkolimano (Greek Shrimp) Preparation
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shrimp and saute them for a minute on each side and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomato and green onion and saute until the tomato starts to break down, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, wine, herbs and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and gently mix in the feta.
7. Cover and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Garides Tourkolimano (Greek Shrimp) Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven