Dad's Breakfast Slamwiches Sandwich
Working out doors, going for a hike this sandwich will give you the energy you need to get to the top."This was really yummy! Kind of hard to make ( for me at least... The egg wasn't cooking) but maybe itll be even better next time!!" - Skippypipper
Yield: 6 Servings Ready in 30 minutes
22 people trying soon
Dad's Breakfast Slamwiches Sandwich Preparation
1. First cut 6 slices of bread from loaf of oregon bread.(thick slices)
2. Make a 1" hole in the middle of each slice.
3. Heat up a 12" fry pan on stovetop to a mid heat.
4. Butter both sides of bread.
5. Crack egg in fry pan sunny side up.
6. Place bread over egg so the sun shines through the hole (the 1" hole you made earlier)
7. Let cook about 2 min... more or less.
8. Flip to cook other side.
9. Let cook till lightly toasted on that side.
10. Flip back over and put the slice of cheese on top to block the sun from shining through
11. Lower heat and cover to let cheese melt.
12. Home made oregon bread is best for this and Cheddar Cheese slices.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?