Authentic Victoria Sponge
Rich, traditional Victoria Sponge filled with Raspberry Jam!"Great recipe. Absolutely loved it. Made a second batch and substituted 25g of butter for 25ml of olive oil again perfect. This is now the base for all my sponge cakes" - Jebby
Yield: 12 Ready in 40 minutes
87 people trying soon
Authentic Victoria Sponge Preparation
- Sieve the flour through into a mixing bowl and then add the sugar, baking powder and eggs!
- Cut the butter into lots of small pieces or slighlty melt (to make mixing easier)!
- Then mix the ingredients but NOT to a paste - you don't need to worry about breaking all the butter down!
- Line 2 tins with non-stick paper and butter and spread the mix evenly throughout and cook for 25 mins at 180 degrees celcius on the middle shelf!
- Allow the cakes halves to cool but place the tins on top to retain the moisture!
- Jam one layer and then sprinkle icing sugar through a sieve on the top of the cake!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?