Crisp Belgian Waffles
The problem with your typical waffle is that they become soggy minutes after reaching your plate. Cornstarch is used to ensure that the first bite is as crispy as the last. This recipe makes 4 6-inch waffles. For best results let the batter sit in the fridge overnight.
"thank you so much for updating your recipe, gona make them for sure soon, i just got a mini round waffle maker, il let you know how they turn out, CCheryl"- CCheryl
78 people want to try | 114 have favorited
Crisp Belgian Waffles Preparation
1. Combine the water and 1 tsp. of sugar in a large bowl. Add the yeast and stir until dissolved. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add egg, milk, sugar, and salt and stir until combined.
3. Once those are mixed together, stir in melted butter.
4. Next mix in the all-purpose flour and cornstarch until lumps disappear. Cover and store the batter in your refrigerator overnight.
5. In the morning, use the batter to prepare your waffles based on your iron's instructions. If your iron has the option, make sure to choose the "slow-cook" or "uniform-texture" mode.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Crisp Belgian Waffles Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven