Homemade Flour Tortillas (unhealthy delicious method)
This is an unhealthy, relatively easy, delicious method of making homemade flour tortillas. It was passed down to me from my mom. who knows where she learned.
43 people want to try | 95 have favorited
Homemade Flour Tortillas (unhealthy delicious method) Preparation
1. Combine flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add Lard and mix until well combined (i use a stand mixer)
3. While mixing, slowly add the lukewarm milk.
4. Continue mixing until a the result is a nice smooth ball of dough (this is where the mixer comes in hand as it might take a while)
5. Divide the dough into about 12 pieces and make into balls
6. Cover these with a damp cloth and let sit for 30-45 minutes
7. Roll the balls into round tortillas (about 6" diameter)
8. Heat griddle or heavy pan to medium heat.
9. Cook tortillas until golden brown (they might puff up a bit)
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Homemade Flour Tortillas (unhealthy delicious method) Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven