Tres Leches Cake
Tres Leches Cake Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan with solid shortening and flour.
2. Add baking powder and salt to cake flour, sift and set aside.
3. Beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar until color is light and volume has doubled.
4. Add vanilla to milk, then alternately stir milk mixture and flour mixture into egg yolks.
5. in a small bowl, beat egg whites to form soft peaks. Gradually add remaining 1/4 of sugar. Beat until firm but not dry. Fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Fold about 1/4 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture first to lighten the heavier yolk mixture. Be careful not to over fold. It should take approximately 60 - 90 seconds to blend.
6. Pour into prepared pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 - 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
8. Loosen edge of cake with knife before removing side of pan. Cool completely. Place on a plate with sides high enough to catch the milk when you pour it over the cake.
9. Use a 2-prong fork to liberally pierce the cake approximately 1 1/4 inches deep.
10. Mix together condensed milk, evaporated milk and 1/4 cup of whipping cream. Toss out one cup of the milk mixture. Pour remaining milk mixture over cake very slowly until absorbed.
11. Refrigerate cake under a domed cake platter for 24 hours.
12. Whip the remaining whipping cream until thickened and reaches spreadable consistency. Frost cake with whipped cream. Remove the tops from the strawberries, cut in half and garnish with strawberries and shaved chocolate.
13. Keep this milk cake refrigerated.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Tres Leches Cake Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven