Puffy Pancakes (oven Pancakes)
Beautiful puffed up egg "pancake". The kids love to watch this cook and it tastes sooo good. A favorite at my house. Top with fruit and powdered sugar or any flavor of syrup. This version is slightly healthier as I have used egg whites instead of whole eggs."Thanks so much for this lighter version and the advice about not whipping the eggs too much. Delicious!" - Mtwranch
Yield: 12 Ready in 30 minutes
22 people trying soon
Puffy Pancakes (oven Pancakes) Preparation
1. Place butter in a 9x13 pan and slice into smaller pieces. Place the pan in the oven and then turn the oven on and let it heat to 425?. While butter is melting mix other ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl wisk together eggs, milk, flour, and salt. For best results don't use an electric mixer. If it gets mixed too much it won't puff up. By hand is great and you don't need to worry about getting all of the lumps out. Check the butter!
3. By now your butter should be nice and melted and bubbly. Pour your egg mixture into the melted butter. DO NOT MIX. Just let them swish around together.
4. Place the pan back in the oven and let cook for 15-20 minutes. Don't forget to turn the oven light on and watch. When the batter is set and all puffy and the edges are starting to brown it's done. Another tip - don't open the oven while it's cooking, sometimes it will fall. The pancake will fall seconds after you remove it from the oven so have your audience waiting to enjoy.
5. Enjoy this pancake plain or top with syrup or fruit and powdered sugar. Our favorite is a simple raspberry sauce. Cut into 12 pieces. 4 very small children and 2 adults easily finish this off.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?