Verified by stevemur
|4 ouncesspaghetti; dried|
|1 tablespoonbutter or margarine|
|1 egg; beaten|
|0.25 cupgrated Parmesan cheese|
|8 ouncesground beef|
|0.5 cupgreen sweet pepper; chopped|
|1 cloveGarlic; minced|
|0.5 teaspoonfennel seeds; crushed|
|1 8-oz cantomato sauce|
|1 teaspoondried oregano; crushed|
|1 Nonstick cooking spray|
|1 cuplow-fat cottage cheese; drained|
|0.5 cuppart-skim mozzarella cheese; shredded|
Spaghetti Pie Preparation
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
2. Return spaghetti to warm saucepan. Stir butter into hot pasta until melted. Stir in egg and Parmesan; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, garlic, and fennel seeds until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
4. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on the top and up the sides of pasta crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in a 350 F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. To serve, cut into wedges.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spaghetti Pie Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 9 months, 1 weeks, 1 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes ago