#1 Banana Bran Muffins
My version of a bunch of different recipes to get my “vegetarian” son, my won’t eat anything but Oreo’s 2nd son and my screeching at me until I cool it off fast enough for her to eat toddler to eat something other than eggs for breakfast. They are moist and yummy muffins that are a little bit healthy without the “healthy” taste.
Yield: 10 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 35 people 24 people want to try
|1 cupUnprocessed Bran|
|1/2 cupSugar; (white or brown)|
|4 tbspButter; Melted|
|4 Bananas; (more or less what you have)|
|2 cupsAll-Purpose Flour|
|1/4 tspBaking Soda|
|1 tspBaking Powder|
|4 tbspGround Flax|
|Nuts and/or Raisins; Optional (whatever and how much you want)|
#1 Banana Bran Muffins Preparation
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. (my oven runs hot so I had to adjust the temp)
2. Soak Bran in buttermilk while you mix other ingredients (at least 5 minutes).
3. Mix melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and molasses together.
4. Add eggs one by one.
5. Add bananas. I had four so I added them all. I like a little chunkier banana in my muffin so I only mashed a little. Add bran/buttermilk mixture.
6. In a separate bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flax. Mix gently but don’t over mix.
7. Pour into greased or lined muffin tin. Bake about 20 – 25 minutes. (I used big muffin tins)
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
#1 Banana Bran Muffins Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven