Ready in 45 minutes
My version of a bunch of different recipes to get my “vegetarian” son, my won’t eat anything but Oreo’s 2nd son and my screeching at me until I cool it off fast enough for her to eat toddler to eat something other than eggs for breakfast. They are moist and yummy muffins that are a little bit healthy without the “healthy” taste.
34 people want to try | 40 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "#1 Banana Bran Muffins"
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. (my oven runs hot so I had to adjust the temp)
2. Soak Bran in buttermilk while you mix other ingredients (at least 5 minutes).
3. Mix melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and molasses together.
4. Add eggs one by one.
5. Add bananas. I had four so I added them all. I like a little chunkier banana in my muffin so I only mashed a little. Add bran/buttermilk mixture.
6. In a separate bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flax. Mix gently but don’t over mix.
7. Pour into greased or lined muffin tin. Bake about 20 – 25 minutes. (I used big muffin tins)
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
samsammy1 4 years agoIn all my batches I haven’t noticed any harm in adjusting the flax, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. It seems to be a forgiving batter. I also use this same recipe for other flavors such as pumpkin (1 15oz can) or applesauce (1 cup sweet or unsweetened) with apple chunks. [I posted this recipe.]