110 people want to try | 113 have favorited
1. Preheat a non-stick griddle. If you decide to use a skillet, move this step to last.
2. In a large measuring cup, measure out 1 1/2 cups buttermilk.
3. Add 1 cup white rice flour and mix with spoon until combined.
4. Place this mixture in the microwave and heat on high for one minute.
5. Remove from microwave and stir. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
6. Combine in a small bowl the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
7. In another small bowl, beat the egg with two tablespoons vegetable oil.
8. After five minutes, add the small bowl of dry ingredients to the rice flour/buttermilk mixture. It will bubble up. Just stir until combined (don’t beat it down).
9. Add the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
10. Add chocolate chips, if desired.
11. If your griddle requires oil, oil the griddle.
12. Pour the pancake batter onto the griddle.
13. Flip the pancake when the top of the pancake is completely bubbled. Remove to a serving plate.
This pancake is pretty sweet with the chocolate chips, so I just sifted confectioner’s sugar on top. You could also sift a mixture of cocoa and confectioner’s sugar. If you really like things sweet, top it with a chocolate syrup. It would also be equally good topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream!
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?