The King of Pizza Crust
This pizza crust is our family favorite."Good crust. It made a lot. Added parma cheese, basil, rosemary to crust which enhanced the flavor. I took part of the crust, brushed with butter, garlic, onion powder and topped with parma and mozz cheese for breadsticks. " - terik1972
Yield: 30 Ready in 2 hours
23 people trying soon
The King of Pizza Crust Preparation
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?