Jimbo's Baked Brie
|8 ouncesSun-dried tomatoes Oil-Packed; minced|
|0.3333 cupShallot; minced|
|4 teaspoonsGarlic; minced|
|1 tablespoonBasil Fresh-chopped; or 1 tsp. dried-crushed|
|0.5 cupParsley fresh; chopped|
|0.125 teaspoonPepper; black|
|15 ozRound Of Brie-Plain w/Rind|
|1 French bread; slices 1/2" thick; 1/2 " thick|
|2 8-ozrounds as Substitute|
Jimbo's Baked Brie Preparation
1. Drain oil from tomatoes; reserve 3 tablespoons. Chop tomatoes for 1/2 cup
2. In skillet, cook shallots in 2 tablespoons reserved oil till tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and basil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and pepper.
3. On an Ovenware serving dish, add the Brie, brush w/ remaining oil. Spread the Tomatoe mixture on top. Cover; chill 1/2 to 5 hours.
4. Arrange bread on a bake sheet. Toast in a 350 oven till light brown, about 5 minutes per side
5. Bake the Brie on center oven shelf, 12 to 15 minutes or till edges just melt. remember, "just melt". Place hot dish on another plate, or on hot pad, and Serve. Serve with bread; Garnish w/ Basil, and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (not lite)
6. Serves 8. I prefer to make a couple of cuts (during presentation) into the round of brie, before serving, and then drizzle w/ the oil.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Jimbo's Baked Brie Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 8 months, 6 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes ago