Spinach and Mushroom Veggie Lasagna
Delicious veggie lasagna, low calorie"A crowd pleaser. Sauteeing the mushrooms in thyme really gave an extra oomph. " - Chezzle
Yield: 12 Servings Ready in 1 hours, 20 minutes
favorite of 166 people 110 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|2 tablespoonsolive oil|
|1 1/2 poundscremini and/or shiitake mushrooms; sliced|
|1 teaspoondried thyme|
|1 15-oz containerpart-skim ricotta|
|3/4 cupskim milk|
|2 Eggs; lightly beaten|
|3 cupspart-skim mozzarella cheese; shredded, divided evenly|
|3/4 cupgrated; Parmesan cheese|
|1 10-oz boxfrozen chopped spinach; drained|
|1/3 cupfresh basil; chopped, plus more to garnish|
|1 teaspoondried oregano|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|5 cupstomato sauce|
|12 sheetsno-cook lasagna noodles|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
Spinach and Mushroom Veggie Lasagna Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and season with salt. Cook until softened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, milk and eggs, and stir. Add 1 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, basil and oregano; season with salt and pepper and stir to incorporate.
4. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9-x-13-x-2-inch pan. Layer 4 sheets of lasagna on top, slightly overlapping. Spread half the ricotta mixture on the noodles, and cover with half the mushroom mixture. Top with 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce. Repeat with 4 sheets of lasagna pasta, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining mushrooms and 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce. Cover with the remaining 4 sheets of lasagna, the remaining cup of tomato sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
5. Lightly coat a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick spray and cover the uncooked lasagna, spray-side down. Bake at 375 degrees, covered, until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Remove foil from lasagna and increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Cook until cheese browns, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm and garnish with basil.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Spinach and Mushroom Veggie Lasagna Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven