Memphis Dry Rub Ribs
I will definitely make these again. Great flavour nice and tender and juicy"I didn't know ribs can taste so good with this Memphis Dry Rub. This is just like the ribs I order in restaurants, but better. I will certainly recommended to others. Use the recipe on my electronic smoker. " - TaiwanChief
Yield: 2 Ready in 3 hours
76 people trying soon
|Baby back ribs; enough for 2 people|
|-- Rub --|
|1/4 tbspBlack pepper|
|1/4 tbspBrown sugar|
|1/3 tspCelery seed|
|1/4 tspGarlic powder|
|1/4 tspDry mustard|
|1/16 tspCayenne pepper|
|-- Mop Sauce (optional) --|
|1/5 cupWhite vinegar|
|2 tbspDijon mustard|
|-- Wood for smoking --|
|2 cupsHickory or chunks; soaked in water|
Memphis Dry Rub Ribs Preparation
1. Wash the ribs and blot dry. Remove the thin papery skin on the back of each rack of ribs. (Pull it off in a sheet with you finger, using a corner of a dish towel to gain a secure grip.)
2. Combine the ingredients for the rub (paprika, black pepper, sugar, salt, celery seed, cayenne, garlic powder, mustard and cumin) in a mixing bowl and stir with your finger to mix. Rub the mixture on the ribs on both sides. Transfer the ribs to a roasting pan and let marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Set up the grill for indirect grilling (no heat directly under the ribs) and preheat to medium (about 350 degrees). Place a drip to sit under the ribs. If using a gas grill, place all the chips in the smoker box or smoker pouch and preheat the grill to high. When smoke appears, lower the heat to medium. If using a charcoal grill, toss the wood chips on the coals.
4. Place the ribs on the grill ove the drip pan and cover the grill. Cook the ribs until done, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Start basting with mop sauce afte 30 minutes, basting every 20 minutes thereafter. If using a charcoal grill, replenish the coals after 1 hour. The ribs are done when the meat is very tender and it has shrunk back from the ends of the bones.
5. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board or platter. Mop one final time with mop sauce. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce on the side.
Great tasting ribs, tender and juicy.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?