|1 lbmedium-size shrimp; shelled and deveined|
|1 egg white|
|1 Sherry Sauce; (recipe follows)|
|2 tspfresh ginger - or 1/2 tsp ground ginger; minced|
|1 clovegarlic; minced (1/2 tsp)|
|1/4 tspcrushed red pepper (up to 1/2 for hotter)|
|1 cupmixed vegetable of your choice (broccoli; carrot, snow pea pods)|
|1 Combine and stir well|
|2 tbspSoy sauce|
|1 tbspdry sherry|
Szechuan Shrimp Preparation
1. Split shrimp in half lengthwise; rinse; dry on paper towel.
2. Combine egg white, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1-24 hours
3. Heat oil in wok or deep skillet; stir fry vegetables until crisp tender. Remove from wok and set aside
4. Add shrimp and stir fry 1-2 minutes or until it changes color. Pour shrimp and oil into a strainer placed over a bowl. (May be prepared an hour ahead of time to this point)
5. Reheat wok and add 2 tbsp of the drained oil. Add ginger; stir fry 5 seconds; add garlic and pepper; stir fry 5 seconds; Add vegetables and stir fry until reheated; Add shrimp; stir fry until heated through, about 1 minute.
6. Stir Sherry Sauce to combine,; pour into wok, stirring until sauce thickens and coats the shrimp with a clear glaze.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Szechuan Shrimp Reviews
Serve over rice. I sometimes double the sauce for guests that like extra over their rice. [I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven