GOAT’S CHEESE AND ROASTED SHALLOT SALAD
|13 slicesgoats cheese; (one inch)|
|750 gramsshallots; peeled|
|300 millilitersbalsamic vinegar|
|500 gramsbeetroot; cut into wedges|
|450 millilitersolive oil|
|6 clovesGarlic; sliced|
|3 tablespoonchopped fresh thyme|
|6 tablespoonchopped fresh rosemary|
|1.5 teaspoonscracked black peppercorns|
|300 mlorange juice|
|6 tablespoonwalnut oil|
|150 gramsdried apricots; finely chopped|
|3 tablespoontoasted walnuts; roughly chopped|
GOAT’S CHEESE AND ROASTED SHALLOT SALAD Preparation
1) Combine all the marinade ingredients.
2) Place the cheese in a shallow bowl, cover with the marinade
and leave overnight.
3) On the day of serving: put the shallots in a roasting pan. Pour
over the marinade from the cheeses, add balsamic vinegar and
sprinkle the sugar over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes until
the shallots are tender. Strain the juices and reserve.
4) Mix the shallots with the beetroot.
5) Blend the dressing ingredients and add the strained juices from
6) Place the cheese on a baking sheet under a hot grill or in an
oven to warm through and soften. Do NOT let them melt.
7) Place a portion of cheese on a plate and surround with the
beetroot and shallots
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
GOAT’S CHEESE AND ROASTED SHALLOT SALAD Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 7 hours, 7 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven