Careys Tunisian Pork Tagine with Toasted Almonds and Couscous
A delicious stew great for winter. You may also use Beef or even Lamb if you Love the taste of Lamb.
Yield: 6 Ready in 6 hours, 30 minutes
favorite of 14 people 7 people want to try
|2 lbs.Pork; ( cubed )|
|3 tbspOlive oil ( extra - virgin ); divided|
|5 Parsnips; peeled and cut into chunks|
|2 largesweet Potatoes; peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chnunks|
|2 ribsCelery; cut into 1 inch thick slices|
|2 Onions; cut into 1 inch cubes|
|5 clovesGarlic; minced|
|1 tbspGround cumin|
|1 tbspGround coriander|
|1/2 tspnGround allspice|
|1 1/2 cupsBeef broth ( stock )|
|1 15-oz candiced tomatoes; w/ juice|
|1 tspnCourse ground black pepper|
|1 3" stickcinnamon|
|1 Dried red chile pepper|
|1/4 cupToasted almonds; ( ground)|
|1/2 lemon; juice and zest|
|1 packetinstant couscous|
|1/4 cupFresh flat parsley; ( chopped )|
Careys Tunisian Pork Tagine with Toasted Almonds and Couscous Preparation
1. Season Meat liberally with salt. Heat 2 tbl. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat lightly in batches 3-5 min.
per side. Transfer each batch to a slow cooker after its browned.
2. Add 1 tbl. oil to skillet. saute' parsnips, sweet potatoes, celery and onions until lightly browned, approx 4 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin
coriander and allspice. Cook until vegetables are coated, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
3. Add Beef broth to skillet, and heat until boiling, scraping and satuck browned bits off the pan; pour into slow cooker.
4. Add tomatoes, black pepper, cinnamon stick and chili pepper to cooker. cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low, or until
fork tender. Meanwhile, mix together toasted almonds, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl.
5. When stew is done, remove cinnamon stick and chile pepper. Stir in almond mixture and cook on high until slightly thickened,about
15 minutes. prepare instant couscous according to package directions, cover, remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
6. Serve stew on a bed of couscous and sprinkle with chopped parsley..
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Careys Tunisian Pork Tagine with Toasted Almonds and Couscous Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven