3 people want to try | 5 have favorited
1. preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with vegetable cooking spray
2. heat 4 tsp of the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and squash and saute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and 1 Tbsp of the ginger and saute an additional minute. Add water and salt, bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer, partially covered, 15 to 20 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
3. while squash is cooking, mix pears with cinnamon, remaining 2 tsp oil and remaining 1 tbsp ginger. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 - 25 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
4. Save 12 pear slices for garnish; add the remaining slices to the squash. Puree using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender. Keep warm in a pot over low heat.
5. microwave chocolate in a small bowl on high for 1 minute. Stir, and heat 30-60 seconds more if not fully melted. Stir in half the cream, adding more if necessary until the chocolate reaches a pouring consistency.
6. To serve, ladle hot soup into 6 bowls, lay 2 pear slices on top of each, and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
pricemaster 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]