Strawberry Ice-Cream Cake covered in chocolate ganache
Strawberry Ice-Cream Cake covered in chocolate ganache Preparation
1) Use a food processor & blend the strawberries till it becomes a smooth puree.
Add the icing sugar & lemon/orange juice & process again till smooth.
2) Chill till cold until ready to use.
3) Whip the cream until it just thickens but still falls from the spoon. Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry puree. Pour into a freezerproof container.
4) Freeze for 6 hrs until firm, beating occasionally with a fork/electric whisk to break up the ice-crystals.
To assemble into a cake:
1) Bake a sponge cake and cut out 2 thin layers (about 1" each).
2) Place a layer in a cake ring. Place ice-cream over the cake layer. Level the ice-cream. Place the other layer of sponge cake over the ice-cream.
3) Put into freezer for cake to set.
4) Remove cake ring. Spread a layer of whipped fresh cream over the cake. Put back into the freezer to set.
5) Prepare chocolate ganache & spread over the cake.
6) Decorate as desired.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Strawberry Ice-Cream Cake covered in chocolate ganache Reviews
Can start assembling the ice-cream into the cake before firming up. [I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours, 1 minutes ago