Homemade Pizza Dough
Homemade Pizza Dough Preparation
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Once proofed add remaining 3/4 cups water (100-110 degrees). Combine 1 1/4 cups cold water, oil, sugar, and salt in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon 24.9 ounces (about 5 1/4 cups) flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, yeast mixture, and cold water mixture in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix on low 8 minutes or until dough begins to form. Let rest 2 minutes; mix on low 6 minutes or until dough is smooth. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 2 minutes); add enough of the remaining 1.19 ounces (about 1/4 cup) flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel sticky).
3. Divide the dough in half, and place each portion in a large zip-top bag coated with cooking spray. Seal and chill overnight or up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
4. To bake preheat ove to 500 degrees.
5. Coat a 12" perforated pizza pan with cooking spray.
6. Place dough on a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12" circle. Transfer dough to prepared pan, shaking off the excess flour. Brush dough evenly with oil, cover with desired toppings and bake for 12 minutes.
Note: You can freeze the dough in heavy-duty, freezer-safe zip-top plastic bags for up to 2 months; thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Homemade Pizza Dough Reviews
Freeze one bag for later (when feeding just us for one meal) [I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 7 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes ago