Peanut Butter Silk Cake
Verified by stevemur
Peanut Butter Silk Cake Preparation
1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Generously grease bottoms only of 2 9-inch round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mixes, water, 1 cup peanut butter, the oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
5. In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside. In another medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup peanut butter and the brown sugar mixture on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add whipped cream to peanut butter mixture; beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. Split each cake layer horizontally to make 2 layers. Fill each layer with about 2/3 cup peanut butter mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge. Frost side and top of cake with frosting. Press peanuts onto frosting on side of cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Peanut Butter Silk Cake Reviews
This cake tastes heavenly. It melts in your mouth, and is sinfully sweet. [I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 7 months, 1 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven