Ready in 30 minutes
This is a wonderful appetizer for any party! Caponata is traditionally a Sicilian eggplant dish but there are a lot of variations available. This recipe is just wonderful with feta, olives and pine nuts.
55 people want to try | 66 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Alouette Crumbled Feta Mediterranean Caponata"
* In a large 12 to 14-inch saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onions, pine nuts, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
* Add the eggplant continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add the thyme, chopped tomato, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
* Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
* Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
* Fold in Alouette® Feta Mediterranean Crumbles
Serve the caponata spooned on crostini or in middle of table with crostini on side to allow guests to help themselves.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Alouette 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]