Alouette Crumbled Feta Mediterranean Caponata
This is a wonderful appetizer for any party! Caponata is traditionally a Sicilian eggplant dish but there are a lot of variations available. This recipe is just wonderful with feta, olives and pine nuts."Wow, this looks fabulous, cannot wait to try it for my next appetizer." - guitarmom
Yield: 8 Ready in 30 minutes
41 people trying soon
Alouette Crumbled Feta Mediterranean Caponata Preparation
* In a large 12 to 14-inch saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onions, pine nuts, and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
* Add the eggplant continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add the thyme, chopped tomato, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
* Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
* Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
* Fold in Alouette® Feta Mediterranean Crumbles
Serve the caponata spooned on crostini or in middle of table with crostini on side to allow guests to help themselves.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Alouette Crumbled Feta Mediterranean Caponata Reviews
Wow, this looks fabulous, cannot wait to try it for my next appetizer.
3 years, 2 months, 1 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 6 months, 4 weeks, 1 days, 11 hours, 43 minutes ago