Beef Stroganoff By James Martin
A delicious way to eat beef fillet!"This is sensational!!!! Simple and quick to make and absolutely delicious served on a bed of pasta." - ag1
Yield: 4 Ready in 40 minutes
10 people trying soon
|75 gramsbutter; (3oz)|
|1 mediumonion; finely sliced|
|150 gramswhite mushrooms; (5oz), finely sliced|
|2 tablespoonstomato puree|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsDijon mustard|
|1/2 teaspoonsmoked hot paprika|
|110 millilitersbeef stock; (4fl oz)|
|500 gramsbeef fillet; (1lb 2oz), cut into thin strips|
|1 dashsalt and freshly ground black pepper|
|150 millilitersbrandy; (5fl oz)|
|200 milliliterssoured cream; (7fl oz)|
|2 tablespoonsflatleaf parsley|
Beef Stroganoff By James Martin Preparation
1. Heat a frying pan until hot, then add half the butter. When foaming, add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato pur?e, mustard and paprika and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the beef stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
5. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Heat a separate frying pan and add the remaining butter. When foaming, add the beef and fry for 2-3 minutes on both sides, until browned all over.
7. Add the brandy and carefully allow to flamb? in the pan. (CAUTION: make sure there are no flammable materials above the pan when flaming.)
8. Add the soured cream to the onion and mushroom mixture and mix well.
9. When the flames have subsided, add the beef to the soured cream and mushroom mixture and cook for one minute. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the parsley.
Serve on a bed of fluffy rice
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?