Creamy Leek & Cauliflower Soup
This creamy soup is a great replacement for potato soup if you're looking to cut carbs. Yet, it is extremely flavorful. I have served this to many people who dislike cauliflower, yet they love the soup."Assuming the TABLESPOON of pepper is a typo and should be TEASPOON, I give this 5 stars. I substituted Old Bay seasoning for the peppers as my tummy can not handle hot spicy. And used low fat half and half as I didn't have any cream.
Very tasty and comforting on a winter day. This is my new go to comfort soup. " - looseal
Yield: 8 Ready in 40 minutes
favorite of 87 people 56 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
Creamy Leek & Cauliflower Soup Preparation
1. In a soup pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
2. Sautee' the leeks until they begin to break down.
3. Add the cauliflower and sautee' until it begins to brown.
4. Add the 6 cups chicken stock, the black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
5. Raise to a boil and cover for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and remove from heat. Use hand blender to puree' the soup.
7. Slowly add the cream as you blend to acquire a smooth consistency.
8. Use a strainer to remove remaining pulp if you want an extremely smooth soup.
9. Return the soup to the heat to regain your heat.
10. Season with remaining salt and cayenne to achieve desired seasoning.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Creamy Leek & Cauliflower Soup Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven