Ready in 40 minutes
This creamy soup is a great replacement for potato soup if you're looking to cut carbs. Yet, it is extremely flavorful. I have served this to many people who dislike cauliflower, yet they love the soup.
"Assuming the TABLESPOON of pepper is a typo and should be TEASPOON, I give this 5 stars. I substituted Old Bay seasoning for the peppers as my tummy can not handle hot spicy. And used low fat half and half as I didn't have any cream.
Very tasty and comforting on a winter day. This is my new go to comfort soup. "
Top-ranked recipe named "Creamy Leek & Cauliflower Soup"
1. In a soup pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
2. Sautee' the leeks until they begin to break down.
3. Add the cauliflower and sautee' until it begins to brown.
4. Add the 6 cups chicken stock, the black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
5. Raise to a boil and cover for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and remove from heat. Use hand blender to puree' the soup.
7. Slowly add the cream as you blend to acquire a smooth consistency.
8. Use a strainer to remove remaining pulp if you want an extremely smooth soup.
9. Return the soup to the heat to regain your heat.
10. Season with remaining salt and cayenne to achieve desired seasoning.
Pintobadia 1 year agoFabulous tasting soup! Great carb free meal. My children also enjoyed it!
jessicarice 2 years agoVery nice soup...I added cheddar cheese to boost the flavor...and only added 1.5 tsp of cayenne pepper...really has a nice kick to it!
shimarlie 2 years agoVery nice. I added a few fried mushrooms. Added the salt and pepper to taste as I went and served with a little grated parmesan...very nice soup and makes plenty.
looseal 3 years agoAssuming the TABLESPOON of pepper is a typo and should be TEASPOON, I give this 5 stars. I substituted Old Bay seasoning for the peppers as my tummy can not handle hot spicy. And used low fat half and half as I didn't have any cream. Very tasty and comforting on a winter day. This is my new go to comfort soup.
bonaireguy 3 years agoWay way way too much black pepper. Completely ruined the dish. Might be fine with a 1/2 tsp black pepper and a like amount of cayenne, but won't know until I restock my leeks.
shenko 4 years agoadding 1.5 tablespoons of pepper would be way too much so I put in one teaspoon which was more than enough. cheers, shenko
heidisteele 4 years agoI tried this and I think the 1.5 Tbs pepper is a typo. I added only 1 Tbs because the amount seemed wrong and it was still *way* too peppery (and I like spice). Added a lot of pototoes to dilute the pepper and it tasted good :-).
rpldmcelhany 4 years agoThis is a great cold weather soup. The combination of the creamy soup with the cayenne causes the heat to creep from the back of your throat rather than killing your tongue. [I posted this recipe.]