Ready in 2 hours
Best eaten fresh out of oven!
"Great recipe! I used it for a Swedish ring, rolling out the dough, spreading the cinnamon mixture, then adding diced apples, and golden raisins, rolling it up, and connecting the ends to form a ring. Then I sliced 3/4 of the way through the dough, in 1 inch sections, angling each section, and laying it down on the one previous, while keeping the ring attached in the center. Then I baked it at 325 for 40 mins. Then I used the icing on it. To die for. The dough is fantastic!!"- Kakes99
1,837 people want to try | 2,642 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls"
1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar, margarine, salt,eggs, and flour, and mix well.
3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until it is about 21 inches long and 16 inches wide (about 1/4 inch thick).
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
7. Working carefully from the 21-inch side, roll the dough.
8. Cut the rolled dough into 1-3/4-inch slices and place 6 at a time, evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on top.
9. While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
10. When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.
Categories: Breakfast, dessert
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Kakes99 4 months agoGreat recipe! I used it for a Swedish ring, rolling out the dough, spreading the cinnamon mixture, then adding diced apples, and golden raisins, rolling it up, and connecting the ends to form a ring. Then I sliced 3/4 of the way through the dough, in 1 inch sections, angling each section, and laying it down on the one previous, while keeping the ring attached in the center. Then I baked it at 325 for 40 mins. Then I used the icing on it. To die for. The dough is fantastic!!
amandaleigh3085 7 months agothis was really good, my first time really making dough with yeast and it turned out great! next time I'd add more filling, I'd probably double it.
Biine 8 months agoLovely! Reminded childhood! I made some changes- didn't use milk, as I didn't have it; and for icing I used Greek yogurt mixed with vanilla extract and sugar. As well I added some nuts for the filling. Definitely a keeper.
Manali88 10 months agoThis recipe is Amazing! Though u have to let the rolls rise once you have rolled them for about 1hour. This was not mentioned in your recipe but I read it on another.
strabrryfire1222 10 months ago
debbie14041 1 year agoI'm not a baker and these turned out wonderful. I'd keep the baking time at 10 minutes. Also added extra cream cheese to frosting. Got great reviees from family!
Halfadog112 1 year agoExcellent! Added some cocoa to the filling- worked wonders!
mollieb 1 year agoFamily really liked these.
Megancarney 1 year agoI made a few changes but all in all they were fantastic. Especially since it was my first time making cinnamon rolls. I added dark Karo syrup, chopped walnuts and cinnamon to the bottom of the pan. I also mixed the butter, sugar and cinnamon into a paste for the filling before I spread it, and since I was out of powdered sugar I used light brown in the frostIng. I was so amazed! Best I have ever tasted. Thanks for posting and getting me started
Cmlujan30 1 year agoVery easy, and my family loves them!
deeder5 1 year agoBest ever. Going to make for Xmas brunch
Stevenream78 1 year agoThis is the best I've ever had!!!!!!!
jessicajoerger 1 year ago
chawnadill 1 year agoThe frosting is amazing! The dough didn't rise as much as I expected. It also had a tough texture which I didn't enjoy but the frosting made it taste better. I will make this recipe again because I may have used the wrong yeast.
Kimmacc 1 year agoDelicious and surprisingly easy to make. Hardest part was waiting for the dough to rise!
Weena9998 1 year agoFollowed the recipe exactly and the rolls tasted and had the texture of straight dough! Only good part was the icing!
karencooke 1 year agoGood recipe! Made this and will again.
Magana_Danielle 1 year agoMade this again but this time added chopped pecans and caramel on the inside along with the cream cheese frosting and topped them with more cream cheese caramel and pecans just like Cinnabon!
LuluH 1 year agoThese were delicious and so easy to make! Will be making again, thank you for posting this recipe!
sianrolle 2 years ago