Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
Best eaten fresh out of oven!"I made a few changes but all in all they were fantastic. Especially since it was my first time making cinnamon rolls. I added dark Karo syrup, chopped walnuts and cinnamon to the bottom of the pan. I also mixed the butter, sugar and cinnamon into a paste for the filling before I spread it, and since I was out of powdered sugar I used light brown in the frostIng. I was so amazed! Best I have ever tasted. Thanks for posting and getting me started" - Megancarney
Yield: 12 Servings Ready in 2 hours
favorite of 2,204 people 1,538 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1 1/4 ozactive dry yeast|
|1 cupwarm milk; (105-110 degrees F)|
|1/2 cupGranulated sugar|
|1/3 cupMargarine; melted|
|4 cupsAll-purpose flour|
|1 cupBrown sugar; packed|
|1/3 cupMargarine; softened|
|8 tablespoonsmargarine; (1 stick) softened|
|1/2 cuppowdered sugar|
|1/4 cupcream cheese; (2 ounces)|
|1/2 teaspoonVanilla extract|
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Preparation
1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Add the sugar, margarine, salt,eggs, and flour, and mix well.
3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until it is about 21 inches long and 16 inches wide (about 1/4 inch thick).
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
7. Working carefully from the 21-inch side, roll the dough.
8. Cut the rolled dough into 1-3/4-inch slices and place 6 at a time, evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on top.
9. While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
10. When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.
Categories: Breakfast, dessert
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven