3 people want to try | 9 have favorited
1. Using a fork, gently combine the flour and club soda in a small bowl. (The batter will appear slightly lumpy and should have the consistency of heavy cream.)
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (The bubbles in the soda water help keep the tempura light and crispy; therefore it is important to make the batter just before using it.)
3. In a deep fryer or heavy pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
4. Cut off the tips of the green beans.
5. Dip each green bean into the Tempura Batter and shake off any excess. Carefully drop each bean into the hot oil and fry for about 90 seconds, turning them with a slotted spoon until they are just golden and crisp.
6. Remove the beans from the fryer and drain them on paper towels. Season with salt and serve immediately.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?