20 people want to try | 50 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Fruit Flan Cake"
For Traditional Sponge Cake:
1) Whip eggs, sugar & vanilla essence till light & fluffy.
2) Fold in flour till well mixed.
3) Stir in melted butter until well incorporated.
4) Grease 9 inch cake mould & pour batter into the cake mould.
5) Bake at 180 degrees for 30-45 minutes, till cake has turned nice golden brown. Poke skewer through the middle of the cake. It should come out clean. Remove cake from the mould immediately & cool on cooling rack.
For assembling the cake:
1) Once the cake has cooled, cut it into 2 layers. Sandwich 1/3 of the whipped cream with chopped strawberries between the 2 layers of cake. Cover the cake with whipped cream. Adjust an adjustable cake ring around the cake & chill the cake in the fridge till the cream has set.
2) Prepare the jelly topping. Boil the water & dissolve the sugar. Add the jelly powder & stir till you get a clear solution. Remove from heat & allow to cool before pouring over the fruits on top of the cake.
3) Arrange the fruits on the cake as desired. Gently pour the cooled jelly topping over the fruits.
Chill for 2 hours in the fridge for the jelly to set.
4) Remove the cake ring carefully & decorate the side of the cake with roasted almond slices.
5) Enjoy your cake chilled.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
krissia2 3 years agoMeasurements were way off! 120g of cake flour is only a cup...and cook at 180 degrees for 45min? did not work out...
Cookiss 4 years agoKeep the cake in an air tight container, like a Lock & Lock, to keep the cake soft. [I posted this recipe.]