Chewy Seed and Nut Slice
|1/2 cupSesame seeds|
|1/2 cupDried fruit; of choice|
|2 tblspoonsLiquid glucose|
|1/2 cupPeanut butter|
|1/3 cupSunflower seeds|
|1/3 cupSlivered almonds|
|1/2 cupRolled oats|
|1/2 cupDesiccated coconut|
|1 cupRice bubbles|
|50 gramsButter or margarine|
|1/2 cupBrown sugar|
|1 1/2 cupsChocolate buttons|
Chewy Seed and Nut Slice Preparation
1. Toast sesame seeds, almonds, pepitas and sunflower seeds till lightly browned.
2. Place rolled oats, oat bran, coconut, rice bubbles and dried fruit in large bowl. Add toasted nuts and seeds.
3. Place honey, glucose, sugar, butter and peanut butter in a saucepan, cook stirring ovar a gentle heat until all the ingredients have mixed together.
4. Continue to stir while bringing the mixture to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes (with stirring).
5. Pour wet mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Press mixture into a coffee scroll tray (hands usually work best).
7. Melt chocolate buttons and spread over slice.
8. Allow slice to cool.
* If using as a sport or energy bar you can add a couple of scoops of protein powder to the dry mixture
* Chocolate on top is optional
* Once the liquid mix has started to boil properly, I turn the heat down to stop the mixture burning and sticking to the saucepan
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chewy Seed and Nut Slice Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven