Sweet and Spicy Cornish Hens
An extravagant meal for two. Treat someone special to this scrumptious meal."The recipe calls for tablespoons for the herbs and spices but I used teaspoons. It also turned out a little too brown for my liking, so next time I would cook it covered for 20 minutes or so then uncovered. Overall this is a great recipe!!! " - Haley14681
Yield: 2 Ready in 1 hours, 30 minutes
favorite of 97 people 59 people want to try
Sweet and Spicy Cornish Hens Preparation
1. Defrost Cornish hens; remove anything placed in cavities. Rinse Cornish hens, pat dry with a paper towel and place on the roasting pan adding a little water on the bottom below the rack.
2. Pour half a cup of olive oil over both birds; generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the glaze: 1 cup of mustard, 2 tbsp of honey, 2 cloves of garlic chopped or pressed, a half cup of white wine, 1 tsp each of rosemary and dill.
4. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Generously brush the glaze over each bird, applying it on all sides.
6. Place the hens in the oven, breast side up. Set the timer for 1 hour 20 minutes (80 min). The bird should be in the oven untouched for the first 50 minutes until the next step.
7. Mix the remaining half cup of white wine with a half cup of olive oil and 1 tsp of paprika.
8. Once your Cornish hens have been in the oven for 50 minutes, turn them over on the other side and brush with the wine/oil/paprika mixture. Place the birds back in the oven for the remaining 30 minutes.
9. Let the hens stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with peas or roasted veggies.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Sweet and Spicy Cornish Hens Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: