Copycat Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls Recipe
These are pretty close to the ones that Chili's serves!"Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Keep in mind though, deep frying dulls the seasoning flavors a bit, so consider adding at little extra." - 12chica29
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
280 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1 chicken breast fillet|
|1 tablespoonVegetable oil|
|2 tablespoonsred bell pepper; minced|
|2 tablespoonsgreen onion; minced|
|1/3 cupfrozen corn|
|1/4 cupcanned black beans; rinsed and drained|
|2 tablespoonsfrozen spinach; thawed and drained|
|2 tablespoonscanned jalapeno peppers; diced|
|1/2 tablespoonfresh parsley; minced|
|1/2 teaspoonchili powder|
|1 dashcayenne pepper|
|3/4 cupMonterey Jack cheese; shredded|
|5 7-inchflour tortillas|
|Avocado-ranch dipping sauce:|
|1/4 cupfresh avocado; (about half of an avocado), smashed|
|1/4 cupsour cream|
|7 teaspoonswhite vinegar|
|1/8 teaspoondried parsley|
|1/8 teaspoononion powder|
|1 dashdried dill weed|
|1 dashgarlic powder|
|2 tablespoonstomato; chopped|
|1 tablespoonOnions; chopped|
Copycat Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls Recipe Preparation
1. Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
2. Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken while it
cooks. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
3. Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and sauti for a couple minutes until tender.
5. Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pan. Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan. Cook for another 4 minutes. Stir well so that the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
7. Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
8. Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture. Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls. Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
9. While the eggrolls freeze prepare the avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
10. Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
11. Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 12-15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a
rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
12. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of the dipping sauce. Garnish the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato and onion.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?