9 people want to try | 16 have favorited
• Place the yeast in a small bowl with 1/3 c warm water and 1 tsp sugar
• beat eggs and set aside
• In large bowl add 1/2 c sugar, 5 T shortening and 1 c boiling water, stir until dissolved, then add 1 c cold water and wait till temp matches that of the yeast mixture
• once temp is matched add yeast mixture and begin to add flour gradually, mixing till soft and elastic
• knead and let rise 45 min in warm place
• knead again and let rise 45 min again in warm place
• roll out on floured board and cut with round cutter
• fold each and place on melted buttered cookie sheet
• let rolls rest and rise 45 minutes
• bake 400º for 12 minutes
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Gchen 4 years agoYields 48 small rolls or 36 medium. Yeast must be fresh and warm place rising must really be warm. Oven warmed to 170º and turned off works best for first two risings. [I posted this recipe.]