Ready in 2 hours
Perfectly baked and soft dinner rolls for large parties or Holiday family gatherings. Just like your Mom used to make.
Top-ranked recipe named "Holiday Party Yeast Rolls"
• Place the yeast in a small bowl with 1/3 c warm water and 1 tsp sugar
• beat eggs and set aside
• In large bowl add 1/2 c sugar, 5 T shortening and 1 c boiling water, stir until dissolved, then add 1 c cold water and wait till temp matches that of the yeast mixture
• once temp is matched add yeast mixture and begin to add flour gradually, mixing till soft and elastic
• knead and let rise 45 min in warm place
• knead again and let rise 45 min again in warm place
• roll out on floured board and cut with round cutter
• fold each and place on melted buttered cookie sheet
• let rolls rest and rise 45 minutes
• bake 400º for 12 minutes