Ready in 1 hour
Gourgeous soup. Quinoa is amazingly healthy and can help you lose weight.
"I just made this and ate my first bowl and I love it! Great way to eat quinoa with extra protein! It is very thick so use more water if you want it more brothy. 2 cups of cooked chicken worked out to be exactly 2 chicken breats. Thanks for posting this recipe!"- Nutmeglet
425 people want to try | 342 have favorited
• In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Add ½ cup chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped celery, and ½ cup chopped onions or scallions to the heated oil and fry for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables just start to brown.
• Stir in 2 cups of water and 3 cups of chicken stock or broth and bring to a boil.
• Stir in ½ cup of rinsed quinoa, 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken, ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, Â½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
• Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve. This recipe yields approximately 8 one-cup servings.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
truck3 4 days 21 hours agoMy family Love this soup.
cdljustice 3 weeks agoI make a lot of soups, but my husband said this was by far his favourite. Surprising considering it was so simple! Have already made a couple batches.
jbull74 4 weeks agoLoved it. Added garlic, diced cherry tomatoes and string beans. Wish I made a double batch...
carriecozad 7 months agoLoved this... I'd never had quinoa before and this was my introduction.
HeatherETorres 10 months ago
MelWellnitz 10 months agoMay need more salt/pepper. Next time I will also a clove of garlic to the onion/carrot/celery mixture.
terryabrown 1 year agoVery good way to add quinoa to menu
hollypickett 1 year agoI adapted this to be a slow cooker recipe. Meaning I didn't cook the vegetables. I cooked it fit 4 hours then added the quinoa in the last 20 minutes. It was amazing
Lacietina 1 year agoThis was soooo easy to make and turned out perfectly! Me and the hubby loved it!
Nutmeglet 1 year agoI just made this and ate my first bowl and I love it! Great way to eat quinoa with extra protein! It is very thick so use more water if you want it more brothy. 2 cups of cooked chicken worked out to be exactly 2 chicken breats. Thanks for posting this recipe!
Highzstar 2 years agoMy whole family loved it!
PB250 4 years agoYou may need too add more water as quinoa sweels darmatically. [I posted this recipe.]