Quinoa Chicken Soup
Gourgeous soup. Quinoa is amazingly healthy and can help you lose weight."I just made this and ate my first bowl and I love it! Great way to eat quinoa with extra protein! It is very thick so use more water if you want it more brothy. 2 cups of cooked chicken worked out to be exactly 2 chicken breats. Thanks for posting this recipe!" - Nutmeglet
Yield: 6 Ready in 1 hours, 10 minutes
319 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|2 tablespoonsolive oil|
|1/2 cupcarrots; chopped, optional.|
|1/2 cupcelery; chopped|
|1/2 cupOnions; chopped|
|3 cupschicken broth or stock|
|1/2 cupquinoa; rinsed|
|2 cupschicken; cooked and diced|
|1/4 cupparsley; chopped fine|
|1/2 teaspoongarlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoonfresh black pepper|
Quinoa Chicken Soup Preparation
• In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Add ½ cup chopped carrots, ½ cup chopped celery, and ½ cup chopped onions or scallions to the heated oil and fry for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables just start to brown.
• Stir in 2 cups of water and 3 cups of chicken stock or broth and bring to a boil.
• Stir in ½ cup of rinsed quinoa, 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken, ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, Â½ teaspoon black pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
• Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve. This recipe yields approximately 8 one-cup servings.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?