Sherice's slow cooked carnitas tacos
Verified by stevemur
|2 poundspork ribs; boneless country style or pork shoulder, cut into 1 1/2 inch pie|
|2 tsp.black pepper|
|2 tsp.dried oregano; (preferably mexican)|
|1/2 largeavacado; halved, pitted and sliced|
|1 red bell pepper; sliced (optional)|
|1 sprigfresh cilantro; chopped|
|8 corn tortillas|
|1 Tomatillo salsa; (ready made)|
Sherice's slow cooked carnitas tacos Preparation
1. Toss pork into bowl of slow cooker with salt, black pepper, and dried oregano to coat. Place onion pieces on top of pork.
2. Cover slow cooker and cook pork on low setting until meat is very tender and falling apart, about 6 hours.
3. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to cutting board. Discard onion pieces. Using fingers or fork, shred pork; transfer carnitas to platter.
4. Place avacado slices, cilantro, and sliced red bell peppers alongside.
5. Wrap corn tortillas in damp kitchen towel and microwave until warm about 1 minute.
6. Serve with warm tortillas and tomatillo salsa
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Sherice's slow cooked carnitas tacos Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, 22 minutes ago