Ready in 4 hours
Done to perfection, anytime you need it.
Just remember to follow the directions exactly!
"Awesome! I used fresh garlic instead of garlic salt. I was a little worried the cooking method seemed strange, but it turned out fantastic!"- Slhelch2002
18 people want to try | 39 have favorited
1. At least 3-4 hours before serving, place ROOM TEMPERATURE roast in a shallow pan, fat side up, resting on bones on a rack, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
2. Place in preheated 375F oven FOR EXACTLY 45 minutes.
3. Do not add water.
4. Do not cover.
5. Do not baste.
6. Turn oven off.
7. Leave roast in oven with door closed.
8. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR (remember its the NO Peeking method).
9. Turn oven on again, at 375F for another 45 minutes before serving.
10. Remove from oven.
11. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
12. Note: For a roast 10-12 pounds,leave in oven 60 minutes at the beginning and 60-90 minutes at the end for medium rare.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Slhelch2002 1 year agoAwesome! I used fresh garlic instead of garlic salt. I was a little worried the cooking method seemed strange, but it turned out fantastic!
yummycindy 3 years agoserving yield is about 2 people per rib [I posted this recipe.]