Ready in 1 hour
This recipe is very simple to prepare. It is moist and the butterscotch topping, combined with the warm cake, is delicious. Added to that is crushed up butterfinger candy bars on top of the Cool Whip. It gets rave reviews from all who have eaten it. NOTE: In the ingredients list: the last ingredient should read: 3 butterfinger candy bars; 2.1 oz. each; coarsely crushed. When I would click on post it-it would not fully list the last ingredient.
12 people want to try | 22 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Butterfinger/Butterscotch Chocolate Cake"
1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a13-in. 9-in. baking pan.
2. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 12 holes in warm cake. Pour butterscotch topping over cake; cool completely.
4. Spread Cool Whip evenly over cake when cooled.
5. Coarsely crush the 3 butterfinger candy bars in food processor; not too fine. I use the pulse feature on my Cuisinart, not the setting that continuously grinds.
6. Sprinkle crushed candy bars evenly over top of cake.