Chicken Tikka Masala Or Rezala
|675 gramsChicken Breast; skinned|
|2 eachLemon Juice only|
|250 mililitersTandoori Marinade|
|6 tbspnVegetable Oil|
|6 tbspCurry Masala Gravy|
|2 tspTandoori Paste|
|2 tbspTandoori Marinade|
|2 tspnTomato Puree|
|1/2 eachGreen Pepper; seeded and chopped|
|4 eachGreen Chillies; chopped - reduce quantity to suit tase|
|1 eachTomato; chopped|
|2 tbspnNatural Yogurt|
|2 tbspnCoriander; freshly chopped|
|1 tbspnAlmonds; ground|
|1 tbspnSingle Cream|
|1 tspnSugar; optional|
|Salt; to taste|
Chicken Tikka Masala Or Rezala Preparation
1. In the case of the quartered chicken, cut short, shallow slashes on the flesh. This gives an interesting appearance to the finished dish, and a greater surface area for the marinade to adhere to.
2. Rub the flesh with the lemon juice and let stand for 15 minutes. This degreases and tenderises the meat, preparing it for the marinade.
3. Shake oft excess lemon juice (reserve any left, to use later in the sauce) and, using a deep bowl, thoroughly coat the chicken flesh with the tandoori marinade. Ensure the marinade reaches all parts generously. Leave to stand overnight, but preferably for 24 or even 30 hours a minimum of 6 hours. The longer you leave it the deeper the marinade penetrates (but for the instant method see below).
4. Cooking the Chicken
5. To cook in the tandoor or over a barbecue, place the pieces or quarters on skewers. Place the skewers over the coals. Cook for 15 minutes, turning once or twice. Test for when ready, then remove.
6. To grill, arrange the pieces on a grill rack and place the pan about 6 inches (15 cm) below the heat which should be at three quarters full. Cook as above.
7. To bake, place the pieces on an oven tray don't cram them together, or they won't cook evenly. Place in an oven preheated to 325F/160C/Gas 3, and cook for 15 20 minutes.
8. Stir Frying for tikka only has worked for me very satisfactorily when I forgot to do even a 6 hour marinating. (It also works better flavour after a 30 hour marinating.) Simply coat the tikkas in the marinade. Heat some oil in the karahi, and stir fry with about 4 tablespoons of excess marinade. Place the tikkas in the karahi and stir fry for 15 minutes.
9. For the sauce, heat the oil in a karahi, and simmer the gravy, paste, marinade and puree. After 2 3 minutes add the peppers, chilies and tomato, and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or so.
10. Add all the remaining ingredients, and mix. When simmering, add the chicken, and stir through. Serve when hot.
11. Recipe submitted by Pete Warren
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Tikka Masala Or Rezala Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven