4 people want to try | 9 have favorited
1. In an extra large bowl, mix water, yeast, and 3T sugar. Add 3 cups white flour plus 2 cups wheat flour, and stir until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes, or until risen and bubbly.
2. Stir in 3 tablespoons melted butter, 2T sugar, salt, gluten, fruit fresh and darifree. Stir in 2 cups whole wheat flour. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole wheat flour until just slightly sticky to touch. This may take more or less whole wheat flour than 3 1/2 cups.
3. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
4. Punch down and make into 2 loaves plus 4 rolls. Place in greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans (oblong pan for rolls) and allow to rise until dough has topped the loaf pans by one inch.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes; do not overbake. Immediately remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack. Brush the tops of loaves with oil to prevent crust from getting hard.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Andreayaya 3 years agoThis is a nice, soft, moist bread for sandwiches. Kids love it! [I posted this recipe.]