Chocolate and Peanutbutter Chip Biscotti
|3/4 cupscocoa powder; top-quality|
|1 teaspoonBaking soda|
|3 largeEggs; at room temperature|
|1 teaspoonVanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoonAlmond extract|
|1 cuptoasted almonds; very coarsely-chopped|
|3/4 cupspeanutbutter chips or chocolate chips|
|For the glaze|
|2 tablespoonscoarse or crystal sugar; to sprinkle|
Chocolate and Peanutbutter Chip Biscotti Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) degrees.
2. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the 3 eggs, sugar, and vanilla & almond extracts. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then mix in the nuts and the chocolate chips until the dough holds together.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into two logs the length of the baking sheet. Transfer the logs onto the baking sheet, evenly spaced apart.
5. Gently flatten the tops of the logs. Beat the remaining egg and brush the tops of the logs liberally with the egg. (You won't use it all). Sprinkle the tops with the coarse or crystal sugar and bake for 25 minutes, until the dough feels firm to the touch.
6. Remove the cookie dough from the oven and cool 15 minutes. On a cutting board, use a serrated bread knife to diagonally cut the cookies into 1/2-inches slices. Lay the cookies cut side down on baking sheets and return to the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the baking sheet midway during baking, until the cookies feel mostly firm.
Once baked, cool the cookies completely then store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. If you wish, the cookies can be half-dipped in melted chocolate, then cooled until the chocolate hardens.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chocolate and Peanutbutter Chip Biscotti Reviews
2 years, 8 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes ago
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 1 days, 2 hours, 31 minutes ago